Monday, March 22, 2010

tarot cards



Sometimes when I am too overwhelmed with my days, which can unfortunately happen quite often, I like to read my tarot and see which direction it tells me to go.
I know what you’re thinking it sounds pretty foolish, like shaking a magic 8 ball to see if your crush feels the same way (*cough*) but a majority of the time the cards I choose are relevant to my situation and sometimes even helpful.
Some of my more ‘spiritual’ friends tell me that I ‘shouldn’t let other people touch my cards’ or that I ‘should bless them when I first buy a new deck’ but unfortunately I am an atheist thus, these rules need not apply.
I bought my deck at a used bookstore and I knew it was love at first sight right then and there inside Mum’s Book Bin, cartoon hearts bursting all over the damn place.
My deck is called “The Motherpeace Tarot Deck” and unlike most tarot cards they are shaped round opposed to the mighty rectangle and the majority of them have images of woman or feminity, (such as on the lovers card has an image of two woman making love and also an image of a man and a woman making love) this is because it is also known as a feminist deck.
A few of my male friends are skeptical that the hoodoo tarot magic will not work on them because it is a feminist deck and they aren’t woman, therefore resulting in a faulty reading.
Usually afterwards will they realize that the gender of the cards is irrelevant and that they have been mistaken.
Tarot cards can be very amusing if you don’t take them too seriously, I know I enjoy mine.

3 comments:

  1. Tarot cards are inspirational I think. I've had sets over the years and never really figured them out but they are so neat to look at and can hold such meaning. They remind me of cards from cardcaptors too haha a silly anime show I watched as a child.

    I'm really digging the new layout!
    I reall

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you lauren, that's really kind. i live in downtown- studying at sfu. it's so nice to see someone else from around here blogging. ever so rare. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there dollface,

    I also have a deck. They have pretty pictures. I'll have to show you them sometime. :3

    ReplyDelete